The Robot Survival Game is specially designed for younger students in the junior league. The participant must understand the working movements of the robotics and it is important to
co-operate with each other.
Junior League (including 8 years old)
2 people 2 robots per team
4. Game Methods
- It is a tournament game and all teams may devide into a group league due to the number of participating teams.
- The team must build small robots with legs and push their opponents’ teams robots outside the playing field to win the game.
5. Game Rules
- The minimum robot construction time is approximately 1 hour including practice time. The exact time will be announced on the game day.
- The robot should be built during the construction time except the controlling aspect Controlling aspects can be pre-made.
- Participants can add additional components to their robots, except the following cases;
- Infrared circuits interfering with the control of their opponent’s robots is not allowed
- Electromagnetic wave generating circuits interfering with the opponent’s electrical circuit is not allowed.
- Robots should work with an independent electric power supply; they cannot use a combustible device. Robots must not move before the game commences.
- Participants should not directly touch or change the shape of the robot during the performance. With the permission of the referee, participants can give a simple repair to the robot, but changing the robot’s shape is not allowed.
- A computer is allowed for programming; participants should prepare the computer for competition.
- All teams can use the laptops to program however, it must be supplied by the participants.
- It is a 2 minute tournament game.
- If the robot cannot walk back to the playing field, it is considered out.
- If the robot is not functioning, the referee counts to 10 and calls K.O. to send the robot out. In this case the game continues until the time runs out. When the robot is not working the opponent’s robot can push the robot out, even during the counting.
- If all the robots fall outside playing field, the last robot that touches the ground wins. If there is more than one robot that falls outside the field at once, the referee may call for a rematch.
- If multiple robots are tangled with each other the referee will stop the timer and re- position the robots after which point, the game will continue.
- Any other issues that are not mentioned here will be discussed by the committee. The resolution of each issue will be announced to the participants and will be considered final. No further objections will be accepted.
6. The Playground
- The playfield is a round cylindrical shape with an 80 cm diameter and 10 cm height.
- There may be some obstacle attached to the playing field (about 1 cm high), which will be shown on the game day. Referee can give time to the teams for pratice before the game.
7. The robot
- The size of robot has to be less than 20 cm (Length) and less than 15 cm (height) when power is on and fully extended. The weight must be less than 300g (including battery) and w e ight of t he controllor is not included. If the robot c a n not meet the size and we ight requirements, it cannot take part in the game.
- Small robot is defined by;
- The area that touches the ground (the foot) is connected to the driving gear and when it walks it should not be with circular movement.
- When the robot walks it should change the center of mass to the right and left by stepping its feet.
- The body of the robot must be above the ground by at least 1 cm when it walks. (it must walk across the obstacle on the playing field, which is 1 cm high)
- The robot must be battery operated. Rechargable batteries are not allowed, use only AA, AAA, 9V etc. There is no voltage restriction.
- The robot should not move without operation from the participant, until it is ready to start the game
8. Tie breaker
When the referee decides that both teams can not compete any longer, he/she can give the teams 1 numite for a rematch. If there is still a tie, the team with the litghtest robot (excluding controller) wins.