Robot Prison break is to built a robot that performs its best sensor usage by predicting the obstacles to understand robot’s autonomous movements to study human brain function.
Junior and Challenge
One person one robot per team
4. General Rules
- The minimum construction time is one hour including practice time. Construction time can be extended depending on the mission.
- Participants should not add, remove or change any hardware or software of the robot during the competition.
- A laptop is allowed for programming; participants should prepare the computer. All participants must carry a fully charged battery incase of a power supply problem at the competition venue.
- Any other issue that is not on this rule, the committee will discuss the issue and announce the participants and no objection will be taken after the announcement
- When participants touch the robot during the competition without permission from the referee The team will disqualified.
- Touch sensor s a r e not allowed to b e use d . The committee will test the robot before competition. The referee will test the sensor by testing other sensors.
- The sensor part of the robot must have over a 1 cm distance from the ground.
- The minimum weight of the robot must be 15 cm. other than that there is no particular restriction on the size of Robot however, if the robot could not participate the game due to its size, the participant must fix the size during construction and practice time.
- The robot must have less than 4 legs (2,3,4 only)
- The playgrounds are combination of blocks and each block size is 160 cm X 120cm (+ – 15%)
- Each blocks are connected with bridges and the shape of bridges are combination of straight lines and curves. The bridges may have 0.3 cm level error..
- Surface of the playground is 30cm X 20cm that divided by beige line. Each area contains either1 wall, 1 trap, a destination or empty area.
- Size and the position of the wall trap and the destination can be subject to change on the game day.
- The shape of the wall can be; a cylinder, a cube, a rhombus pillar or triangular philar. The sizes are:
- Cylinder: 20 cm*25cm (diameter*heights)
- Cube: 20cm * 24 cm * 25cm (L*W*H)
- Rhombus pillar: 12 cm * 12 cm * 25 cm (L*W*H)
- Triangular pillar: 20cm*24cm*25cm (S*S*H)
- The stair is 30 cm * 5 cm * 1 cm (L*W*H) There are 4 stairs upward and 4 downward.
- The size of the trap is 20cm * 24Cm * 0.5Cm (L*W*H) and the color is black. The robot must detect the trap and avoid the trap. If the robot touches the trap (as seen as 1 or 2) 2 point will be deducted. If the robot pass the trap (as seen as 3 or 4) the referee will end the game and only count the completed mission points before ending.
- The playground and the bridges do not contain any wall therefore the robot must detect the edges and avoid them. If the robot could not detect the edges and fallen from the playground (including hanging) the referee will end the game and only counts the mission points until the end.
- The color of finish area is black and called “stopping point” The robot must stop at the stopping point for more than 3 seconds.
6. Game rules
- The robot must detect various shapes of roads, cliffs, walls, stairs, straps and bridges and reach the destination fast.
- The position of the obstacle in area (B) will be open in the morning and area (A) will be set up after drawing of each participant. Therefore, course of area (A) can’t be pre programmed and the robot must be able to detect the obstacles to finish the course. Example of the obstacle
- When robot should detect each wall and trap that is close to the robot team get 1 point.
- When robot move opposite direction the referee ends the game and count the point until where the robot succeeded the sensing the last time.
- Team that succeeds escape the prison comes first to the record of the team that could not escape.
- Robot can move diagonally from the lines on the ground.
- If there is no robot finish the course, participant with highest points wins.
- If the robot stop, the referee will count 10 seconds and count the point as record.
- Even if the robot didn’t stop but keep moving in the circle and seems like not working properly, the referee can all TKO (technical knockout) and the count the point as record.
- The team that completes the mission (finished at the end line).
- If there is more than one team that complete the mission, The team that completes the mission faster. Select the best record from round 1 or 2. Complete mission group > highest point
8. Tie breaker
- If there are more than one team complete the mission one with faster record will be the winner.
- If there is a tie, team with better record in round 1 will be the winner.
- If there are still a tie, compare record from round 2.
- When there is no team that complete the mission team that earns more points will be the winner. And if there is a tie better record in the round 1 will be the winner.
- If there is still a tie, the team with less deduction wins