THEME: Robot for Helping People from Natural Dissaster
The creative category provides an opportunity for students to expand their ability in design and creativity in designing the best solution to a realistic problem, and to acquire science and engineering knowledge as well as to apply practical skills.
Junior, Challenge and Robo
Not more 3 persons per team with 1(one) design per team. The design may include several robots to achieved best solution of the given problem.
4. GAME METHODS
The creative category consist of four parts and is arranged within 2(two) days,
- Robot Concept Design Contest
- Poster Preparation and Design
- Robot Constructions.
- Presentation and Demo
The theme of this contest is already announced on the IRO 2011 website in advance.
The teams may have used the time before the competition day to design the robot, planning to describe it on a poster, prepare its controlling part and planning the presentation and Demo of their robot.
The final score of the team depends on the scores achieved in all parts. Ties in the score will be resolved by giving preference to the team that demonstrate higher creativity, explanation of the solution of the given theme, completion and skill.
5. GAME RULES
A. ROBOT CONCEPT DESIGN CONTEST
The Concept Design Contest is in the morning of first competition day. A different simplified theme related to assigned Creative Robot theme will be announce to the team at the begining of the contest. The team are given 3-4 hours (three to four hours) to develop a concept design for robot, and to ilustrate it on a poster using colour standard drawing pens provided by the committee. The team is allowed to bring their own colouring pens. The allocated time may be shorter or longer depending the available time on the competition day. The team can use the internet but are not allowed to be assisted by other people. The posters will be collected at the end of the contest to be evaluated by the Judges. When judging the poster, the following aspects are assessed: theme embodiment, systematic observation of robot function, design solution quality, clear presentation of idea and aesthetic appearance.
B. POSTER PREPARATION AND DESIGN CONTEST
The Poster Preparation and Design Contest is in the afternoon of the first competition day. The team are given 3(three) hours to develop and make the Poster to describe their robot to embodify the given theme using the colour drawing pens. Maximum 4(four) pages of A3 sized white sheet will be provided for each team.
C. ROBOT CONSTRUCTION CONTEST
The team should dismantled all the robot parts except the controller and electronics, and brings them to the competition area. In the morning of the second competition day, at the Robot Construction contest, the teams are given 4 hours(four hours) to build the robot from scracth, without the assistance from other people. The length of the time given are depending of the time available during the competition day. After construction time has finished. The team should prepre to demonstrate its robot operation to the judges.
Evaluation of the projects focusses on the following aspect: theme embodiment, design concept, technical implementation, operation quality and understanding principles of robot operation.
The team must observe this following rules:
- Only the participacing team members can enter the designated game area. If persons that are not registered team member are found in the game area the team related with these persons will be disqualified.
- The robot must be constructed in 4 (four) hours, preassembled robot are not allowed. However a processor module for robot control is allowed.
- The robot should perform function described in the poster prepared by the team.
- Each team must bring its own materials and tools for building the robot. Electric tools are allowed; however, the electric instrument should have self-regulation power.
- Teams are allowed to bring a computer for programming.
C. Presentation and demo contest
Each team is given 10(ten) minute at most for oral presentation of their projects in english. They present their robot systems, describe design problems, explain their solution and explain how the design matched to the contest theme. When evaluating the presentation the judges look at the understanding of robotic concepts, level of problems, quality of the work and originality of solution and their presentation.
6. THE WINNERS.
- The first winner is the champion and awarded the gold medal.
- The second winner is the first runner-up and awarded the silver medal.
- The third winner is the second runner-up and awarded the bronze medal.
- There are five special awards will be awarded to winners by the decision of the committee.
7. Tie breaker
- If there are Ties in the score, it will be resolved by giving preference to the team that demonstrate higher creativity, explanation of the solution of the given theme, completion and skill.
- Final result is by the decision of the judges.
8. SAFETY ISSUE
- The Robot should be made with the safety for the users, referee and the spectators.
News & Events Terbaru
- Lomba Robot di Yogyakarta – Anak Didik Robota Merebut 2 Gelar Juara March 13, 2018
- Lomba robot di Surakarta Kerjasama SDIT Al Kautsar dan Robota March 7, 2018
- Lomba Robot Internasional di Thailand di Kuasai Siswa Robota February 6, 2018
- Lomba Robot MECBOT 2017 disapu bersih siswa ROBOTA December 18, 2017
- SMP Muhammadiyah 1 Simpon Surakarta Gelar Lomba Robotik Tingkat SD December 16, 2017
- Hasil Kompetisi Robotik Madrasah 2017 : MTs N Tanon Juara 2 kategori Mobile Robot Ekspedisi November 30, 2017
- Tempat sampah otomatis juarai Kompetisi Robotik Madrasah 2017: MAN 1 Surakarta Juara 1 kategori Rancang Bangun Mekanika (Discovery Robot) November 30, 2017
- Sekolah Robot ROBOTA Juara Lomba Robot Tingkat Internasional April 28, 2017
- Lomba Robot Internasional Di Sapu Bersih ROBOTA April 28, 2017
- KALDIK April 22, 2017
- Visi Misi April 22, 2017
- Training and Workshop April 22, 2017
- Exclusive Distributor April 22, 2017
- Holiday classes April 22, 2017
- Reguler Class April 22, 2017